You can add multiple-choice questions to a video uploaded through Kaltura. The questions will appear at predetermined points throughout the video. The video will pause, waiting for the viewer to choose an answer; once the correct answer is selected, the video will continue playing. You can add several questions to a given video.
Please be aware that Kaltura video quizzes do not allow you to set multiple attempts. Once a student submits their answers, the grade is sent to Blackboard and the attempt is locked in to the Kaltura quiz. As an Instructor, you are able to overwrite the grade in Blackboard. However, it cannot be reset or retaken within the Kaltura quiz space. Due to this limitation, we recommend using this feature for students' self-assessment and not for formative assessment.
Follow the below steps to add a quiz to a video you've already uploaded to Kaltura:
- From the main Blackboard page, click "My Media"
- Click the "Add New" button at the top right of the page and choose "Video Quiz" from the menu that appears.
- Click the "Upload Media" button at the top right of the page to upload a new video, or click the "Select" button to the right of any previously uploaded video that's listed
- The Video Quiz interface will appear.
- Click on the "Start" button.
- Play the video to the point where you want a question to appear.
- Click the "Plus" icon that appears at the center of the video. This will bring up the text fields into which you can type the question and answer choices.
- Enter the desired question and answer text.
- You can also add some learner feedback options by selecting the "light bulb" icon on the top right corner.
- Hint = Give the learner a hint towards the correct choice
- Why = Provide the learner feedback on the reason for the correct choice
- You can also randomize the choices selection by selecting the "cross arrows" on the top left.
- Click the "Save" button.
- Repeat the process for any additional questions you'd like to add to the video.
- Click the "Done" button to process your video quiz.
- Click the "Go to Media" button to return to your My Media folder. From there, you can add the video to your Blackboard course the same way you add any other type of Kaltura video. Students will see the quiz questions when they play the video.
For more information and other options features, see: Kaltura Interactive video quizzes guide for creating quizzes