What is this?
Become a CERTIFIED Microsoft Office Specialist. The Microsoft Office Specialist certification demonstrates your proficiency in one or more of the Microsoft Office applications.
Why would I do this?
- Learn new skills: Have you always wanted to learn how to use Excel. Now you can and earn a certification of your knowledge Certifications are available for all applications in the Microsoft Office Suite
- Add flair to your resume: Everyone says they are proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel on their resumes. Stand our from the crowd by telling employers your knowledge has been certified by Microsoft.
- Its FREE: Take advantage of this excellent FREE training and certification opportunity offered to you by Hofstra.
Who can use this service?
Current students, faculty, and staff of the university can get FREE training and certification vouchers. This opportunity is not open to former students.
Where can I access the training material?
Imagine Academy is your online training portal for your Microsoft certification. It offers online learning, hands-on labs, and access to hundreds of courses, books, and cutting-edge resources. If you would like to access these resources, sign up here (you will be asked to sign into the Hofstra Portal). As a student or employee of Hofstra University, you are eligible to access this service FREE of charge.
Where can I sign up to take the certification exam?
After completing your Imagine Academy training for the application you want to be certified in, we recommend taking a practice test. Students and faculty members are eligible to take practice examinations for free through an application called GMetrix which runs on Windows computers running Office 2016. Click here for directions.
There are a limited number of free vouchers for Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) exams for the 2017-2018 school year. You can take the proctored examination in Calkins Lab. Please sign up here (you will be asked to sign into the Hofstra Portal).
Where can I get additional information?
- Contact Learning Support for any questions regarding training, practice and certification exams.
- Visit Microsoft's website for more in-depth information on the Microsoft Office Specialist exams.